Quartz Countertops resists impacts, scratches, and moisture very well as it is not porous. It is necessary to put a protector if you are going to place objects at high temperatures. It stands out for its great variety of colours and finishes.
Quartz countertops are an attractive option for the kitchen. Style, resistance and maintenance are three of the characteristics that you have to take into account when choosing the countertop. This element is an essential kitchen that can be composed of different materials (quartz and resin, natural stone, solid wood, laminates, glass). Each material offers you some benefits and requires specific maintenance care.
Types of Countertops:
The countertop is the base on which any kitchen is based. In the first place, because the two essential elements of this room are integrated into it: the cooking zone or plate and the washing area. Secondly, because its tasks are performed that require a clean and resistant place to shock and high temperatures.
- Laminated countertops
- Oiled solid wood countertops
- Solid wood countertops
- Quartz countertops
- Granite countertops
- Porcelain countertops
- Ultra compact porcelain countertops
Other aspects to consider while selectingQuartz countertops in Toronto:
It is very important to calculate the height at which we must place the countertop since it is a surface that is going to be used daily and constantly.
The standard height at which the countertops are installed is 85 cm (it should be noted that the height of the countertop depends on the low furniture installed in the kitchen on which the countertop rests).
For people with an average height ranging between 1.50 and 1.70 m, the ideal is that the countertop is placed between 90 cm and 95. For taller people (between 1.90 and 2 m), its Countertop should be 95 cm or 100 cm above the floor.
The standard thickness of the countertops is 2 or 3 cm. If you want to give it a greater thickness you can opt for countertops between 4 cm and 10 cm, usual measure for modern style kitchens.
One of the characteristics that you should look for when choosing a countertop is the shape of its edges or projections. These are the most common:
– Simple singing: In this case, the countertop ends in a square with the same thickness of the countertop.
– Mitre edge: The countertop ends with a skirt-flywheel up to 8 cm It is one of the most common.
– Half-round singing: The auction has a round shape above and straight below. Softens the edge of the countertop.
– Rounded edge: It has no straight edge, thus preventing the edge from being damaged by blows. Softens the countertop’s appearance.
– Beveled edge: Not used much, it combines the 90 ° and 45 ° auction. Like the round one, it softens the shapes of the kitchen and lightens the thick sensation of the countertop.